A Frontier Wilderness Learning Experience
We design and lead wilderness and leadership educational programs. Our educational programs work with camps, high schools, universities and other organizations providing logistics and risk management oversight for the institution's established program, and/or offering our own outdoor and leadership curriculum.
Our outdoor and leadership curriculum is based on a frontier wilderness experience that explores topics such as geology, atmospheric sciences, natural history, and conservation biology. Each area of focus includes leadership, cultural exchange, and personal and group development and reflection.
- St. Thomas Aquinas High School - Currently developing a winter term program for the 2017-2018 school year.
- High Mountain Institute - Currently working to design a program for 2018. Intent to journey through breathtaking landscapes in pursuit of outdoor adventures while working on real-world conservation issues.
- Riverdale Country School - Arranged logistics and guided hiking for a portion of their 2017 spring break outdoor leadership trip to Patagonia putting their hiking, camping and wilderness preparedness skills to the test.
- Summit for Stem Cell - Summit for Stem Cell and Patagonia Frontiers collaborated on a fundraising summit to Machu Picchu in October (2016). Summit for Stem Cell is a grass roots volunteer entity that exists solely to fund and support the research being conducted at the Loring lab in an effort to develop a patient specific stem cell therapy for Parkinson's disease. *Add Video Link
- North Country Camps (NCC) - Final educational experience for NCC workgroup members to spend one additional summer together on an extended three week expedition before heading in new directions.
- NCC Alaska Trip Itinerary
- NCC Bolivia Trip Itinerary
- National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) -
- Jempe Center - Leadership Journey to Patagonia: Jempe Center and Patagonia Frontiers collaborate to offer a 12 day, expedition-based leadership journey in the remote wilds of Patagonia, Chile. Awesome scenery, wonderful people, and great adventure. Steps on the pathway to fulfilling a life of vitality, freedom, and purpose. Summary Video of Trip.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business - Three-day intensive understanding the confluence of conservation and business through visiting the region, learning about conservation efforts, and local business.
- Lake Forest College
- The Bush School
- St. Mary's College of Maryland: Five-day wilderness training combining academic rigor with physical environmental training in an extraordinary setting leading to a Masters Leave No Trace (LNT) certification.
- Steamboat Mountain School, formerly The Lowell Whiteman School
- US DoD
- The Prouty Project
- Leave No Trace, Master Educator Course
Please contact us for more detailed information of our educational programs.